Thursday, September 6, 2012

Here We Go!

Here it is, I'm going on record with how I hope am going to get fit in my fifties.

Where I am now: 55 years old.  Fat.  And unfit.

As a retired Marine, it pains me to say that, but there it is.  I can't change what happened yesterday, or rather, over a period of years, but I CAN change what I do today and will strive to do tomorrow.

I'm a carb addict, and lost over 50 lbs almost effortlessly a few years ago by following a very strict low-carb program.  Unfortunately, when I cheated, I really cheated and the addiction came back with a vengeance, and I ended up gaining back just about everything I'd lost.

Where I want to be:  Healthier.  Thinner.  Kick diabetes to the curb.  Be able to look forward to many more years on this earth and watch my grandchildren grow up (first grandbaby on the way!).  Be someone my sons wouldn't be embarrassed to be seen with.  Feel good about myself.  Be buried in my Dress Blues (but not for a while!).

How I'm going to get there:  I still want to stick with a low-carb diet, but probably won't go with as strict a regimen as I followed before.  I'm going to get off my butt and get more exercise,  mainly by walking with a bit of a jog thrown in, and riding my recumbent bike.  I've started back up with SparkPeople, and I'm determined to use all the tools available to me to make this happen.

I'm going to chronicle my journey on the road to fitness on this blog, hopefully posting something each day.  I'll share my trials, my triumphs, tips and tricks I've found helpful.  I'm moving forward, and not looking back.  I hope you'll come along for the ride.

~ Marie Anne

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Marie Anne! I will follow your progress on the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment on my post. Much appreciated!