Sunday, September 9, 2012

Calculate Calories Burned More Accurately

I love using SparkPeople to track my food intake and exercise every day, but since the calculators are one size fits all, they don't take into account your weight.  All else being equal, a heavier person will burn more calories in a specified time than a smaller person, so the numbers can vary greatly.

To get a more accurate view of how many calories you're burning while walking, running, biking or swimming, click on the link in the tab above, under my blog title.  If you have a blog or website of your own, you can grab the widgets from HealthPoise.com.

I'll still use SparkPeople to monitor what I do on a daily basis, but I'll be checking the other calculators regularly to get a more accurate picture of how many calories I'm burning.  If I happen to eat more than I should on a particular day, I can use the calculator to quickly see what exercise I need to do and for how long in order to burn up the excess.  I plan on using every tool available to me to knock this weight off and get fit.

~ Marie Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment on my post. Much appreciated!