Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Reviving, reevaluating, and moving forward

Yes, I've been a bad girl and let this blog die out yet again.  I've also been scarce on social media and since that's so out of character for me, some friends have been wondering if everything's ok.  Yep, it is!  

I've had a couple things pop up health-wise (some old, some new) that had me reevaluate the crappy lifestyle choices that sent me down that path, so I'm once again on a journey to better overall health through proper nutrition and healthier fitness activities suitable for my age and current weight.  I'm happy to report that in just a few weeks I've already experienced a number of very positive effects from those changes, and I'm excited to continue on the journey to be the best ME that I can be!

So instead of posting inane nonsense on Facebook all day (Full disclosure:  I have been playing Farmville, but that's going away at the end of the year, so I'm allowing myself that guilty pleasure for now), I've been devouring books and blog posts, and listening to several good podcasts ... all of which I'll be sharing with you here.  Some of the things I'm doing might seem laughable as they're not exactly conventional, but hey, they work for me, and if I can't make any converts, at least I will have entertained you (and those who see me out on the road), and I'll still take that as a win.

So what positives do I have to report so far?

  • 12 lb weight loss since late June (taking it slow and easy, the right way)
  • BP is back within normal limits (wasn't extremely high, but still not good)
  • Much better sleep, both quality and quantity (NO episodes of insomnia for months!)
  • Better balance and coordination (nope, I haven't tripped over my own feet!)
  • General overall feeling of wellness

I've been pre-diabetic for years with an HBA1C of 6.2 - 6.4, and my total cholesterol level is always very high (often over 300), so I'm anxious to see what my next round of labs reveal.

No, I'm not selling supplements or snake oil, just eating good food and eliminating the junk, and not overdoing it in the exercise department.  I am taking a few supplements, but no crazy fad diet stuff, and nothing that I'll be peddling for financial gain.  Any books, podcasts, or supplements that I mention will be just to share as a part of the overall better me, not for promotional purposes.  (In the off chance that I do become an affiliate of something down the road, it will be fully disclosed, and I still won't promote it just for what I might get out of it).

My goal is to post at least several times a week, even if it's just to mention what physical activities I undertook that day and how I felt, and any positive progress to report.  I hope you'll follow along on my journey, and maybe learn a little something along the way.

~ Marie Anne

2 comments:

  1. So nice to see this post. And I was concerned at first. But you are not the first friend of mine that has cut themselves off Facebook. That is a positive thing. Will be looking forward to reading more of your blog. Great start to a better you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've started and stopped many times before, but I never give up completely. I've got a good head start this time and doing things smartly, so am hopeful that I'll enjoy more success this go'round.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment on my post. Much appreciated!