Thursday, October 29, 2020

Breaking out and trying new things

Thursday morning at MA's house started off with black tea, a 1.6 mi barefoot walk, then my usual smoothie (I forgot my hard boiled egg ... oops!).

I mentioned in an earlier post that I bought a mini air fryer and that I was loving it so far.  This morning I picked up a couple of chicken breasts (with rib meat and skin on) and threw one in the fryer to fix for lunch.  I just added a little seasoning (no breading or oil) and let 'er rip.  It came out amazing!  I ate several bites of it as soon as it cooled enough, and just threw the other one in the fryer and will use it and the rest of the first one for homemade chicken soup (after I eat that yummy, crunchy skin) .  I'm fixing a small salad to round out lunch.



I don't put noodles or potatoes in my soup (those carbs, ya know?), but onion, broccoli, cauliflower, and maybe a small amount of carrots usually make it into the pot, along with the chicken, my own bone broth, and some Better Than Bouillon. As I was cruising the produce aisle this morning trying to think of something different I could add, the bok choy spoke to me.  Mind you, I've never cooked or even tasted bok choy in all of my 63 years (not knowingly, anyway), but I thought it looked pretty, so into the cart it went.  As soon as I'm done typing this post, some of it will be chopped up and added to the soup, which is already simmering for tonight's dinner.  I've got some pretty red, orange, and green peppers to brighten it up too.  I'm making a good sized pot, so it will carry me through several more meals.

I need to get out and rake leaves, but it's windy today, so I might wait until more of them have fallen and just do it once.  Maybe I'll get to them tomorrow since it's an off day as I'm meeting a couple of Team RWB comrades Saturday morning for a walk/ruck/run/whatever, and I don't know how far we'll end up going.  I'm learning that taking a break and not working out every day is better for me, and probably you too, and I'll expound on that another time.

So what will I fill up the rest of my Thursday with?  An exciting load of laundry, and likely TV and crochet.  

I hope your day is blessed!

~ Marie Anne


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment on my post. Much appreciated!