Saturday, February 8, 2020

Treadmill/TV Obsession, and Opening a Cold Case Marathon

Had a great time with a fellow Eagle from my local Team RWB chapter at 7am this morning, where we chattered like magpies as we pumped out a 6.34 mile hike on the Cedar Point Tideland Trail, part of Croatan National Forest (we usually do that once a month).  As if that wasn't enough, I popped onto the treadmill shortly after 4pm and logged another 3 miles.  Is it a bad thing that I might be slightly obsessed with the treadmill/TV relationship in my garage?

Today's treadmill boredom-breaker was Season 1, Episode 3 of Cold Case on the Roku Channel.  I
used to enjoy watching it, but haven't seen it on regular TV in several years (it ran on CBS for seven seasons, from 2003-2010, but I watched it later on ION, I think it was).  I happened upon it by chance on Roku the other day, so quickly added it to my playlist and watched the first two shows.  Even with commercial breaks (which are much less frequent that regular TV), each episode lasts about 45 minutes, but I can stretch it long enough to get a 3-mile walk in.

I find it fascinating how they can reopen a homicide case and follow a trail that went cold from decades ago, and Kathryn Morris is phenomenal as the lead character, Detective Lilly Rush.  There is a good chemistry between her and the rest of the cast, too (Danny Pino, who later played on Law & Order, SVU, will show up shortly).

One of the reasons I like this show is that they're often solving homicides from the 60s and 70s, and it's fun seeing the clothes and cars and such from back in my day, and of course hearing some hit songs from that era being played as background music is a nice bonus.

Is there a show that you used to like to watch that isn't on anymore?  If you have a Roku device or one of the new Roku TVs, make sure to check that channel as there are a lot of good shows right there without having to pay to subscribe to Hulu or one of the other services.

~ Marie Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment on my post. Much appreciated!