Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Goodbye Ohio, Hello NC and a New MA!



So ... in a less than 60-day period, I listed my house in Ohio for sale, sold it, packed and moved to NC, found a house, moved in, and closed.  What a whirlwind!  

During the months preceding all this, my fitness and activity level bottomed out.  I wasn't eating right, often bingeing on carb-laden junk food, got very little dedicated exercise in, and just overall wasn't taking care of myself.  It definitely showed on the scale and directly affected how I was feeling.  After the first week in NC, I was once again at my highest weight.  Nooooo!!!!!

The move is now behind me, and while I'm not completely settled in the house yet, things are coming together.  More importantly, much baggage was left behind in Ohio (and I don't mean the kind you pack), and I feel a great weight lifted.  With that weight gone, it's time to work on the numbers on the scale, fit into some summer clothes, and start feeling better.

This last week has been a good one as far as food choices and exercise.  There's a short paved trail just a block from my house, and I did a mile or two the first few times out so I could see where it went.  The last three times, I trotted around a couple of the cul de sacs in the neighborhood before/after hitting the trail and stretched it to a full 5K (3.1 mi), then hitched up the dogs for a short walk to cool off.  It's not a scenic route by any stretch, but it still works out well for me since I can get a run in right here at the house without having to drive anywhere!  I'm told there are longer trails a short distance away and I want to work up to 10K (6.2 mi) again, so will be checking those out also.

I lost about 1.5 lbs the first few days, but the scale hasn't moved since, but that's ok.  I feel good, and the rest will happen all in good time. I'm a little tired from the added activity, but it's a good tired, not a sluggish, too-fat-and-don't-even-want-to-roll-off-the-couch tired.

It took me 11 years to make it happen, but I'm over-the-moon excited to be back in NC once again.   This is where the road ends, yet welcomes new beginnings.

~ Marie Anne

P.S.  Did I mention I can drive to the beach for a run (or just look for shark's teeth) any time I want?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment on my post. Much appreciated!